If you have been injured in a stairwell accident due to no fault of your own, you may be eligible to recover compensation in a personal injury claim. To learn more about stairwell accidents and the steps you should take after being injured in an accident, continue reading. Reach out to our experienced personal injury lawyer to discuss your potential for filing a valid claim. Our firm is prepared to assist you with your claim when you are ready. Give our firm a call today to learn more about our services and how we can assist you.
What are the most common causes of stairwell accidents?
There are many factors that may lead to a stairwell accident. The following are the most common causes of stairwell accidents:
- Missing steps
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Loose railings
- Poor lighting in the stairwell
- Inadequate security
- Damaged steps
What steps should I take after being injured in a stairwell accident?
In order to properly protect yourself and to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim, take the following steps while you are still at the scene of your accident:
- Alert the authorities of your accident. Be sure to request medical assistance to treat your injuries. They police will document the accident by conducting a police report.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you can, take photos and videos of any hazards that led to your accident, the scene of the accident, and your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- When your treatment is complete, collect all related medical documentation.
- Retain the services of a skilled personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland is generally three years. This means that you will have three years from the date of your stairwell accident to take legal action. It is best to bring attention to your claim as soon as possible to avoid being time-barred from suing. To begin this process today, give our experienced personal injury attorney a call to schedule your initial consultation to learn more about our services. Our legal team is prepared to fight for your right to compensation. Contact us today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Judy Law Firm are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Maryland, contact our firm today to discuss our services.