You are likely looking to take legal action if you have been recently injured in an accident with a drunk driver. To learn more about filing a successful claim and the steps you can take that will maximize your chances of recovering compensation, continue reading. For assistance with your upcoming claim, do not hesitate to reach out to our Landover auto accident lawyer.
What steps should I take after being injured in an accident with a drunk driver?
Take the following steps while you are still at the scene of your accident:
- Call the police. They will likely ask the driver to submit to chemical testing which can significantly support your claim.
- Seek immediate medical treatment.
- Collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment. This should include documentation that states the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take pictures and videos of the scene of the accident. This should include damage to the vehicles and any property involved.
- Take pictures of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a dedicated personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you require to heal.
Does Maryland have dram shop laws?
Dram shop laws allow victims of drunk driving accidents to sue the establishment that served the driver alcohol, under certain circumstances. However, Maryland does not have dram shop laws. This is why it is crucial that you retain the services of an experienced Landover Maryland personal injury lawyer who will work to recover the full compensation you require from the driver’s insurance company.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims after an accident with a drunk driver in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally three years in Maryland. This means that you will have three years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the negligent driver. Failure to file your claim within this timeframe may result in you being permanently time-barred from taking legal action. The sooner you can bring attention to your claim, the better. To get started today, give our Landover Maryland personal injury lawyer a call. Our legal team is prepared to fight for your right to compensation. We will work to collect further evidence of your accident to support your claim. To learn more about our services, pick up the phone today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED MARYLAND FIRM
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Judy Law Firm are prepared to represent clients facing legal matters after being injured due to another person’s negligence. If you require strong legal representation in Maryland, contact our firm today to discuss our services.